What Every Christian Should Know About Y2K
February 8, 1999,
It seems to us that there are many Christian who have used the "Y2K crisis" as a reason to stick their head in the sand even further. Well, if you can get the sand out of your ears and listen, we have a word from the Lord about what all of us ought to be doing during "Y2K". There are many who are running away from the world and hiding in their shelters to get away from the sick, lost world we live in. But don't you think we ought to be running toward the unsaved with our feet clad in the Gospel of salvation?
Preach the Gospel to every living creature! You see, there is a great opportunity to witness the Gospel to the unsaved during the next period of time. Now, I don't need a great word of prophecy to tell you this--because it is happening already! Because of the coming millennium, there are many who have suddenly become interested in Biblical prophecy and the second coming of Christ. Everyone has suddenly become aware of the fact that it is 2,000 years since Christ came (albeit give or take a few years). There will be over the coming months, a great curiosity about Jesus and the second coming.
Now can I tell you, that Biblical prophecy is a great way to bring people to Jesus. I am sure that many of you were initially lead to the Lord by prophecy in the Bible. We must see clearly that the enemy has severely attacked prophecy in the last few years, especially the teaching of the rapture--(see "The Command of the Rapture").The enemy has tried and perhaps succeeded in making prophecy a controversial issue in the church--mostly so we won't use it to witness to the unsaved. Jesus left us with a glorious promise that he would return.....
"Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven." (Acts 1:11)
This is truly a bold and great hope that we have. Let's not loose it or be fearful of it, let's not be afraid to tell others that Jesus is coming back--just because the devil has a hundred false Messiahs in the world trying to fool people and confuse the issue. If you know a little about prophecy you understand that a multitude of false Messiahs is itself a sign of the second coming of our Lord!
"And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:4-5)
Here is a practical way to witness to someone using the second coming and Biblical prophecy...
1. Yes, Jesus is coming back--it is sure biblical promise--"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:30)
2. No, no one knows the exact day or hour of His return-- "Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh." (Matthew 24:44) -so anyone who tells you that they know the exact day or hour is absolutely wrong!
3. However the Bible says that we will know the season of His arrival--"Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:" (Matthew 24:32) --Jesus doesn't want us to be in the dark--it is right and Biblical to hope and pray for His soon arrival.
4. Yes, there are many signs in the earth that would lead us to believe that His return is imminent--not the least of which is the fact that for the first time in over 1900 years there is a nation of Israel.
5. We can confidently say by the words of the Bible and the signs in the earth that Christ could come at any moment--But this is the important part that every Christian should be leading to when they witness to someone using Biblical prophecy and the "Y2K crisis"---
6. Are you ready for His coming? Do you know Him as your Lord and Savior? If he did come today--do you know that you would be part of His kingdom? Are you saved?
Now of course you may run into someone who might want to challenge you about these things, or ask difficult or impossible questions--we need to understand and to make them understand--
JESUS IS NOT A DEBATE, HE IS A DECISION!
So, if you want to be ready for "Y2K"--the very best way is to be ready with the Good News of Salvation!
Now there is just something else. The thing we really ought to be preparing for is what will happen after Y2K. You see, the longer the amount of time goes by since Jesus has been gone, the more the devil will mock His return. The Bible tells us that as time goes on the world will grow colder and colder toward God. As time goes on the enemy has more ground to mock Jesus' return and cast doubt on His second coming. As time goes on, more and more people will put away Jesus--they will not believe He is going to return. The devil will try to relegate Jesus as a mythological god of the previous millennium. People are going to be urged by the devil and their own sin to move forward into the new millennium--without Jesus! Many will say to themselves--"This is a new era--Jesus was just a myth--there is no God--we may as well sin all the more!"
After the year 2,000 we will be in the new age! The New Age movement will become more and more powerful in the earth and carry many to Hell with its false gods. The new Millennium will bring a new kind of "spirituality" actually based on eastern religions. They will try to fit Christianity into their false beliefs thus nullifying the power of salvation through the blood of Jesus. (you say you don't believe it--it is already happening!) Christians must stand firm in their faith--
"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)
Illustrated Bible Studies......Seeds Home Page......Free Tract Page.......Browser Tracts......Jumpstart Bible Studies.....Friends Home Page......John 3:16 page.....Jesus Cards Page......List of Christian Tract Publishers.....Our Favorite Links......Internationsal Tracts Page